Rising Strong™ Workshops
“This journey belongs to no one but you: however, no one successfully goes it alone … The ability to reset transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead” -Brené Brown
You’ve spent your career helping others write fresh chapters in their lives …
How would it feel to have some protected time for you to write your own Brave New Ending?
FIRST PILOTED IN 2016 WITH CHICAGO AREA HELPING PROFESSIONALS
Here’s what they said:
As helping professionals, we counsel our clients to take time for reflection and tackling the tough issues. The Rising Strong™weekend provided the right community and a powerful model for me to do my own work. I found it incredibly helpful to unlock some personal learning and in providing tools that have come to be invaluable for clients.
Mary Nelson, Founder and President
ARC Leadership Associates
Are you in a profession where you help others all day, every day?
- Do you give so much of yourself that you sometimes feel there’s nothing left for you and your family?
- Do you sometimes talk about establishing priorities and creating solid boundaries but you’re not sure where to start?
- Do you help others identify limiting stories that hold them back, but never take the time to deal with your own?
- Has this ever happened to you … You go to a development workshop for your own growth and when other participants find out your profession you find yourself listening to their stories and not working on your own?
If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone! The Rising Strong™For Helping Professionals workshop was created for you.
Now it’s YOUR turn: A Rising Strong™ Weekend Intensive based on the best-selling book and curriculum of Dr. Brené Brown
with Certified Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ Facilitators (CDW-F) Sarah C. Albritton and Diane Butler. [Bios below!] Our mission is to create a safe container for helping pro’s to do their own deep reflection free from the distraction of supporting others. We support you while you do your work.
WALKING INTO OUR OWN STORIES OF STRUGGLE can feel dangerous, and our daily job of walking with others in their stories as a helping professional can feel doubly so. The process of regaining footing in the midst of struggle is where our courage is tested and our values are forged. Would you like an opportunity to shed the stories you carry that are weighing you down?
Falls can be big ones, like the loss of a job or the end of an important relationship; or smaller ones, like a conflict with a friend or a colleague. As helping professionals, how we care for ourselves matters. It matters to you, your family, and your clients. How can you take your clients deeper than you’ve gone yourself?
THIS WEEKEND IS FOR YOU
We have built and are continuously adapting this workshop with you, the one everyone else counts on, in mind.
- It started as just two days and the feedback was “This is powerful—we need room to breathe and let some of it sink in before moving to the next piece.” So we added a day and a half and co-create with participants where the breaks and down time will be—ex. a later morning start to get exercise and reflection done early, and/or an earlier finish to allow an afternoon self-care practice.
- We saw that some participants want a little more focus on a topic, so we offer 1:1 time with facilitators and/or additional peer learning time during the morning or afternoon self-care periods.
- You’ll focus on your own personal development in a protected space where you won’t be expected to hold anyone else’s hand or expend your energy to solve others’ problems. Leave that in Sarah and Diane’s capable hands!
- No crowds. Enrollment is limited to 15 people. It’s intimate and compelling work.
- Serene environment with healthy food choices. We select spots that are beautiful and good for you, too. (Pssst, there may be some chocolate though, just sayin’…!)
- 1:1 time by phone with one of the facilitators before AND after the workshop to help you get the most from the experience.
Regardless of the magnitude or circumstance of your story of struggle, whether at work or at home, the Rising Strong™ process is the same, and this is the process we teach you and take you through:
- We Reckon with our emotions. We recognize emotion and get curious about our feelings.
- We Rumble with our stories. We get honest about the stories we are making up about our struggle, then challenge these conspiracies and assumptions to determine what’s truth, what’s self-protection, and what needs to change if we want to lead a more whole-hearted life.
- We create Revolutions in our lives. Process becomes practice. We write a new story based on the key learnings from our rumble and use this new, braver story to change how we engage with the world and to ultimately transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
In my experience as a professional coach and HR consultant, we helping professionals focus so much of our time honing our skills and helping others that we often don’t get the opportunity to do our own deep dive work. The Rising Strong™ retreat is not only a fantastic way to support our own development but it’s a chance to engage with the powerful work of Brené Brown with the support and encouragement of two incredible facilitators and a small cohort of like-minded helping professionals as participants.
I highly recommend this experience for those in the field to do your own personal work as well as pick up some ideas and techniques that may serve you in your own areas of focus.
Judah Kurtz, Founder
Judah Kurtz Coaching and Consulting
Sarah C. Albritton and Diane Butler met at The Daring Way certification training in 2014, and have been connected ever since. Both are Certified Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ Facilitators of Brené Brown’s work, and each hold multiple other assessment, simulation, and methodology certifications. Sarah is also a Master Facilitator for BraveLeaders Inc.
Sarah is a dynamic, highly esteemed facilitator, coach, and consultant who anchors her relationships in trust, respect, and a healthy dose of humor. She uses data, insight, and challenge to inspire strategic change. In addition to being a certified Master Facilitator for Brave Leaders™, Sarah delivers high impact coaching for chief executives, senior executive teams and senior leaders of companies throughout the world. She is the co-author of I’m Not Crazy, I’m Just Not You! an international top-selling classic on Myers-Briggs/Jungian type.
Sarah lives in Winston-Salem, NC with her husband, Andrew LaRowe, their 13-year-old rescue-Pit named Pie, and a holiday assortment of six grown children (and partners) and five growing grandchildren who live up and down the east coast, at least for now.
Diane is a certified coach whose life purpose is to build resilience in individuals and teams that she coaches. Her coaching is centered on the belief that we have a choice for how to react when life and/or work throw us curve balls. She leads by example, modeling courage, connection and compassion in an authentic, light-hearted way.
Diane has had the honor of coaching Starcom USA employees for the past five years using a comprehensive coaching program that she co-created.
They’ve had a lot of Rising Strong™ runs together in many different places, and it gets better and better every time! We hope you’ll join us!
WHAT DOES THE LONG WEEKEND INCLUDE?
- 2 hours of 1:1 coaching time with a facilitator – an hour preparation and an hour debrief coaching to enhance your experience
- Immersion in the entire Rising Strong™curriculum – Thursday evening welcome through Sunday mid-afternoon
- Intimate class size–enrollment capped at 15 participants
- Powerful experiential exercises to deepen the learning
- Reflection and private integration time to yourself or with others, as you choose
- Opportunities for 1:1 or smaller group processing with a facilitator during the weekend
- Lunch and refreshments each day with healthy options
- Beautiful setting for deep learning
This event is for personal development only.
Attendance here does not permit you to promote yourself as a CDWF-Candidate or CDWF.
This workshop is fantastic. I knew that letting go of stories that run me was a key part of my professional (and personal) development, but I found it really hard to do. They’re so darn juicy. So for me, the Rising Strong™ process gave me a methodology to begin rewriting them. I created new story lines (which turned out to be equally as juicy) that apply across so many experiences. I love regularly catching myself in them, and am more peaceful as a result.
Sarah and Diane are master facilitators who know their stuff, share from their own experiences, include everyone, and make Rising Strong™ fun. I highly recommend it if you love Brené Brown’s work and always wanted to learn how to apply it to your own professional and personal development.
Trinnie Houghton, Founder and CEO
All workshops begin at 7 PM on the first day and end at 2:30 PM on the final day.
Ready to join us in a weekend of rich work and self-compassion?!
Click the links below to register for each workshop:
- September 27-30, 2018 Chicagoland area, Colerget Conference Center, Kenosha, WI
- November 1-4, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC, Graylyn
Curious, but still not sure if this is for you?
Schedule a mini-consultation with Sarah, with no risk or obligation. Use the green button in the top right corner of the page!
Showing all 2 results