3 1/2 Day Workshop for coaches, therapists and other helping professionals.
FIRST PILOTED IN 2016 WITH CHICAGO AREA HELPING PROFESSIONALS
A WEEKEND EXPERIENCE WITH AND FOR HELPING PROFESSIONALS with Sarah C. Albritton, CDWF and Diane Butler, CDWF
WALKING INTO OUR STORIES OF STRUGGLE can feel dangerous, and walking with others in their stories as a helping professional can feel doubly so. The process of regaining footing in the midst of struggle is where our courage is tested and our values are forged. Falls can be big ones, like the loss of a job or the end of an important relationship; or smaller ones, like a conflict with a friend or a colleague.
As helping professionals, how do we care for ourselves when we spend so much energy helping others? How can you take your clients deeper than you’ve gone yourself?
THIS WEEKEND IS FOR YOU
This is a content rich experience with time built in for reflection and relaxation. We provide 16 hours of content modules, 1:1 time with facilitators and peer learning with other helping professionals like you.
Regardless of the magnitude or circumstance, the Rising Strong™ process is the same:
- We Reckon with our emotions. We recognize emotion, and get curious about our feelings.
- We Rumble with our stories. We get honest about the stories we are making up about our struggle, then challenge these conspiracies and assumptions to determine what’s truth, what’s self-protection, and what needs to change if we want to lead a more whole-hearted life.
- We create Revolutions in our lives. Process becomes practice. We write a new story based on the key learnings from our rumble and use this new, braver story to change how we engage with the world and to ultimately transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
Sarah C. Albritton and Diane Butler met at The Daring Way certification training in 2014, and have been connected ever since. Both are Certified Daring Way and Rising Strong™ Facilitators of Brené Brown’s work, and each hold multiple other assessment, simulation, and methodology certifications. Sarah is also a Master Facilitator for BraveLeaders Inc.
This event is for personal development only.
Attendance here does not permit you to promote yourself as a CDWF-Candidate or CDWF.
WE FIRST OFFERED THIS PROGRAM IN 2016 WITH CHICAGO AREA HELPING PROFESSIONALS.
Here’s what they said:
As helping professionals, we counsel time for reflection and
tackling the tough issues. The Rising Strong™ weekend provided the
right community and a powerful model for me to do my own work. I
found it incredibly helpful to unlock some personal learning and in
providing tools that have come to be invaluable for clients.
Founder and President
ARC Leadership Associates
In my experience as a professional coach and HR consultant, we
helping professionals focus so much of our time honing our skills and
helping others that we often don’t get the opportunity to do our own deep
dive work. The Rising Strong™ retreat is not only a fantastic way to support
our own development but it’s a chance to engage with the powerful work
of Brené Brown with the support and encouragement of two incredible
facilitators and a small cohort of like-minded helping professionals as
participants. I highly recommend this experience for those in the field to
do your own personal work as well as pick up some ideas and techniques
that may serve you in your own areas of focus.
Coaching and Consulting
WHAT DOES THE LONG WEEKEND INCLUDE?
• 1 ½ -2 hours of 1:1 time with a facilitator – approximately 3/4 hour preparation and debrief
sessions to enhance your experience
• 16 hours of curriculum modules – Thursday evening welcome through Sunday mid-afternoon
• Powerful integration exercises with other helping professionals
• Reflection and private integration time to yourself or with others as you choose
• Opportunities for 1:1 or smaller group processing with a facilitator during the weekend
• Lunch and refreshments each day
All workshops begin at 7 PM on the first day and end at 2:30 PM on the final day.
Click the links below for each workshop: